Our mission is the same as the national SPJ organization’s, which is as follows:
• To promote the flow of information.
• To maintain constant vigilance in protection of the First Amendment guarantees of freedom of speech and of the press.
• To stimulate high standards and ethical behavior in the practice of journalism.
• To foster excellence among journalists.
• To encourage diversity in journalism.
• To inspire successive generations of talented individuals to become dedicated journalists.
• To be the pre-eminent, broad-based membership organization for journalists.
• To encourage a climate in which journalism can be practiced freely.
Current Executive Board Members:
Adam Sennott, [email protected]
Abigail Feldman, [email protected]
Jordan Frias, [email protected]
General inbox: [email protected]
Our Governing Bylaws:
SPJNE Bylaws(Approved February 19, 2017)