Our mission is the same as the national SPJ organization’s.
We work to …
• Promote the flow of information.
• Maintain constant vigilance in protection of the First Amendment guarantees of freedom of speech and of the press.
• Stimulate high standards and ethical behavior in the practice of journalism.
• Foster excellence among journalists.
• Encourage diversity in journalism.
• Inspire successive generations of talented individuals to become dedicated journalists.
• Be the pre-eminent, broad-based membership organization for journalists.
• Encourage a climate in which journalism can be practiced freely.
Current Executive Board Members:
Adam Sennott, [email protected]
Abigail Feldman, [email protected]
Cat McGloin, [email protected]
Don Seiffert, [email protected]
Our Governing Bylaws: SPJNE Bylaws – Approved February 19, 2017)
Satellite Chapter: Maine, https://mainespj.wordpress.com/